WHy does any Webpage displayed have a series of multicoloured horizontal colours
I have upgrade to FF 19.0.2 today. Now when I access any website I have a series of multicoloured horizontal bands on hte webpage. The width remains the same but the depth varies. As I write this every time I write a character the box changes colour. I have looked at the settings for colour in the options > content > colors and tried to change the selections there but no effect. I have also started in safe mode to check that it is not my add-ons but the same effect is present
Additional System Details
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- JInitiator 126.96.36.199 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
you can customize your webpage colors Change the fonts and colors websites use
Thanks for this. I tried this option and there is no difference. It is almost like I have a connection problem when you are using a remote monitor and the connection is not working and the fonts are all over the place. This is just an asymmetrical sets of blocks. My outlook is fine so i know it is FF that is causing the problem. I have tried to post a picture from the add images but this just constantly stays in loading mode
have you gone to color and font part of Settings for fonts, languages, pop-ups
Yes have unchecked everything, restarted and and still no change
could you try disabling hardware acceleration?
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Options
- Select the Advanced panel and the General tab.
- Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Exit
- Start Firefox the way you normally do.
More information can be found here:
Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
Eventually got the file down to a sensible size albeit a bit small but gives you the idea of what I am looking at. The horizontal colours change as you scroll up and down
Thanks for this tried the hardware accelerator tip but it has still not changed looking at this website as per my little diagram. Still also getting the box you put the comment in changing colour by every letter.
Modified by amacinty
Thought I would check when the issue started to occur. I have been on a really old version of Firefox 3.6.28. Going back to that version I do not have the colour problems. However going to version 11 the next one I get my colour issue appearing. I didn't realise I was so far away from the current standard. I will go and investigate what changes happened to get to FF 11