Firefox window spins around the screen
I made a typing mistake while using the Firefox web page, made a typing mistake, and tried to backspace the error. However the Firefox window spun around on the screen a couple of times, then stopped.
I wasn't able to see it happen again. I am running version 19.0.2
Have you seen this reported before? Do I have an issue with a virus? I am running McAfee Security SiteAdviser, and it is current. It did not find an issue on its last scan.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.24
- Version 184.108.40.20638
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Version 1.1.9, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
may be it's a malware issue you can checkTroubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware
Modified by Amit Kumar Thakur
Thank-you for the information. I don't go into questionable web pages. The last web page I had looked at was the London Gazette and was looking at information from WW2.
I had checked McAfee SiteAdvisor before entering the site, and selected a link to view a list of published medals (070409 Medal Start Dates.doc).
I haven't had the issue again - I ran a full scan after it happened. I will contact McAfee Support and see if I can verify that my Security software has not been compromised.