Do I need a Shockwave Flash ,adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape, Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U9 and Java Deployment Toolkit 126.96.36.199 plug ins on my computers. And
When updating my plug ins I noticed a had 2 for shock-wave and 2 for java and also have Microsoft silverlight. I think I downloaded that in a attempt to get rid of Java. I of course am paranoid about using Java because of the recent security concerns. This is the beginning of my quest for knowledge to be able to make informed decision about my security. Point me in the right direction man,
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Can you not remove Java from the control panel?
why cant I view the answers or solutions
Yes and I have which does limit some of my internet activities. Is there a safe alternative for Java???
You can, there is only one from "finitarry"
Note that the Flash Player and Shockwave for Director plugins are different plugins.
The latter (Shockwave for Director) is hardly (if ever) used these days, so you can uninstall if via the Windows Control Panel.
There is no alternative for Java on Windows.