Firefox will not load
When i click on my shortcut link for Firefox the browser does not load. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a number of times, which works temporarily but after a few days i'll find it refuses to load again.
I've looked through the support forums and i cant see this exact issue. I've tried to make a new profile but the profile manager will not load from the windows run menu. I have also tried to reset this PC and try to run the profile manager again but this doesnt work either.
As Firefox does not load i cannot perform any of the other suggestions such a factory reset, which needs to be performed from a working version. I also cant perform the troubleshooting information as requested below.
Please suggest something to help!
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.3)
Hello bing123, see if you can open profile manager from :Profile Manager shortcut
3 questions :
- can you open firefox in safe mode, by holding down the shift key while starting Firefox ?
- when you uninstalling and reinstalling, did you try clean reinstall ?
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
- did you try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps ?
(If works in Windows Safe mode then you have a problem with other software, likely security software or a system driver, that is running on your computer).
Hi, thanks for the detailed reply. I've tried doing a clean reinstall and as it stands, it appears to have worked.
Thanks for your help - appreciated.
you are welcome