Autocomplete no longer working
I recently upgraded from a simple phone to an iPhone. I installed Dashlane on it and wanted to link my remembered passwords, etc. from my Mac so I installed Dashlane to the Mac.
After doing this, Dashlane took over autocomplete, but did not work. I hence uninstalled it from the Mac.
Ever since then autocomplete does not work on Firefox. All of my settings say autocomplete is enabled and it has all of my usernames and passwords, but it does not autocomplete.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Version 22.214.171.12438
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.24
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 126.96.36.199
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- 20-20 Technologies - 20-20 3D Viewer v188.8.131.52
- Babelgum Player Plugin
- npmnqmp 071101000050
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history" : "Remember search and form history"
- Firefox > Preferences > Security: Passwords: "Remember passwords for sites"