why is it searching compatibility for add ons everytime i go to get on the net?Can i turn this off?
searching for compatibility every time i get on the net?can i turn this off?it takes forever?I dont think i even have any customized add ons
Are you by chance using two or more different Firefox versions with same Profile?Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_39 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
hello, the behaviour you've described can appear when certain settings can't be saved by the browser - for common solutions please refer to How to fix preferences that won't save.
It is possible that there is a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the files extensions.* (e.g. extensions.sqlite, extensions.ini, extensions.cache) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry.
New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files":
If you see disabled, not compatible, extensions in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the Tools button at the left side of the Search Bar (or click the "Find Updates" button in older Firefox versions) to check if there is a compatibility update available.
If this hasn't helped then also try to delete the addons.sqlite file.
Are you by chance using two or more different Firefox versions with same Profile?