I want to learn how to set the new tab page to load when firefox starts (as the only homepage).
I want to set the new tab page as my homepage. That is, I want it to show up when I open firefox and when I click the home button. I'm not sure if this is within the current scope of firefox.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Picasa plugin
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
First update to Firefox 19.0.2 Update Firefox to the latest version
Then, in the home page option box, set your home page to be about:newtab. This will open the new tab page as your home page.
Awesome. Worked like a charm. Thanks.