when I open the desktop icon, it goes to another spot on my desktop called Y&U. I want to change it to go to the normal Mozilla firefox, but I cannot fix it.
caught small kids messing with my computer. went through and closed a BUNCH of windows without looking to see what the heck they were. Next time that I tried to use firefox, the icon that is on my desktop went to another part of my computer called Y&U. It is another thing in my desktop. I can type web addresses in part of it and they still come up, but I want to fix whatever is wrong with the icon, so that it goes back to opening mozilla firefox to begin with. I have examined all of the settings that I can think of, but haven't found anything that works. Changing the homepage doesn't work AT ALL, and am tired of hearing that suggestion. Please help...
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked