I had Mozilla Firefox browser/and still have Internet Exployer,Google,Yahoo, The problem is I removed Mozilla Firefox,from the control panel,then wanted to re-install it.But I have tried several times to re-install Mozilla Firefox,but there is some thing on my windows xp,stopping the down load? Every time I try to down load the Mozill Firefox ,the down load pops up an error that say's not exceptable to down load,I have tried from internet exployer,google,an yahoo,and it refuses to complete the full instalation for me to use the browser mozill firefox??????????
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Hello rlombardi, check your firewall and your security software if blocks the install, otherwise delete the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox folder and then download from http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/
everytime I try to down load mozilla firefox the error says it's invalid,what is invalid?why it's invalid? when It was al-ready installed,and then removed,to be re-installed???
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.