I had a firefox update this AM, and since then, I now how 3 unremovable, undeletable LC Blogcast bookmark folders on my screen. How do I get rid of them?
My computer did an automatic update this AM. Since this time, I now have these bookmarks that I cannot do anything with. In addition, as I was typing something earlier - I got a pop up about keystrokes - some program assist feature.
What have you done with my computer? How can I get rid of these "updates"?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- iLinc101 Install Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Hi annabass, does your Firefox show that you now have version 19.0.2? You can check Help > About Firefox.
Where are the bookmark folders: on your Bookmarks Toolbar (inside Firefox), on its own toolbar (inside Firefox), on your home page (inside Firefox), or on your Windows desktop (outside Firefox)?
In case one your add-ons is not fully compatible with the latest Firefox, can you disable all nonessential extensions and plugins here:
- orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons > Plugins category
- orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons > Extensions category
After restarting Firefox, we can try to clean up any remnants.
The tabs I am referring to are the 3 LC Blogcast tabs to the right on my bookmarks toolbar. I am using version 19.0.2
I went to Plugins and Extensions and do not see anything relevant to these tabs.
Judging from the icon, those are RSS feed subscriptions that were saved to the Bookmarks Toolbar as "Live Bookmarks." I'm not sure how they got there if you didn't add them, but maybe a site figured out a way to save them without a click (which really should not be allowed).
If you right-click the "folder" and choose Properties, you can see the source site, in case that helps track down the cause. If you right-click the "folder" and choose Delete, it should go away. Note that if you accidentally delete the wrong bookmark, you can (at least for a brief period of time) undo the delete in the Library dialog (Ctrl+Shift+b).
I finally got rid of them. Still no idea where they came from. Thank you!