Long time user w/o any problems. Browser will not load without. Uninstall and Reinstall required on daily basis. Running Vista Premium 32bit and McAfee. No problem with IE or Chrome.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Hello WowzerBrowser, certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Some security software has virtualization or sandbox features that may cause problems by protecting and restoring files in the Firefox profile folder.
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
up and running again, many thanks!
you are welcome
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.