Everytime I restart my computer, instead of having Google as my homepage it always switches to Startpage by Ixquick.
Everytime I restart my computer, instead of having Google as my homepage it always switches to Startpage by Ixquick. Same thing goes with the search box on the right, no matter what setting I make it directs me to this Startpage. As well as when I highlight a word- right click- search google, it takes me yet again to this Startpage (in the new tab). I've scanned the computer, did the anti-malware thing, nothing. These things started to occur few days ago. I am using FF 19 (updated the latest version today, 08.03.2013). I hope I was detailed enough. Thank you for your answers !
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Winamp Application Detector
- vShare.tv plug-in
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
I did manage to obtaion my prefs.js file. When I open it with notepad it says following: //@line 2 "e:\builds\moz2_slave\rel-m-rel-w32_bld-000000000000\build\browser\app\profile\channel-prefs.js" /* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this * file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
Does it make any sense to you? As we speak, the anti malware sofftwares are doin' it's work...
OK, here's how things are. All of 5 programs have finished their scanning and I have quarantined and deleted all subjects that were marked as potentially unwanted. I have restarted computer 2 times after that and now everything works the way it should be. I won't start the celebration now because we all know what has happened yesterday. Let's just wait for a day or two and see what happens. Of course, I will inform you about the process. Thank you !
I won't start the celebration now because we all know what has happened yesterday. Let's just wait for a day or two and see what happens.
let's hope it is ok
This is happening to me as well. Like Right Now
I already restored my system to a later date but that dang StartPage page is still loading up every time I open up Firefox, Chrome and IE. I already searched for a way to remove or uninstall this from my system but no solution rid this problem from my pc. Right now the only solution that I can come up with is if I reformat my PC and start clean but, before I do that I will be waiting for a reply from you guys here in this thread to see if anyone comes up with a permanent solution.
Greetings from the Philippines!
Hi, Zushikikato ! Yes, this problem is quite frustrating, unfortunately. As we speak, this is my second day without any FF 19 issues. My Google opens up perfectly as well as other personal preferences that I've set up. In your place I would definitely check out this link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-caused-malware#w_how-do-i-get-rid-of-malware Here you have the list of 5 different anti malware softwares. They are very easy to install and use. Use all 5 of them and only that way you'll be certain that you got rid of all pests, trojans, etc. It worked for me, at least I'd like to think so. Because after this anti malware "treatment", everything was working perfectly. During the process you will have to do few computer restarts. Good luck, keep in touch !