You are not recognizing my password, which is correct, and I cannot get any help.
I want to talk to a person. 713-668-2428. When I try to install Adobe Reader and now Adobe Shockwave you tell me my password is incorrect. IT IS NOT WRONG. Your hint is exactly what my password is. I have Firefox 19.0 Adobe Reader 10.1.5 Adobe Shockwave 10.3 I am stymied and cannot fix the problem.
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.5
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 22.214.171.124
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- McAfee SiteAdvisor Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- npmnqmp 071701000001
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Password for what? Your PC? Email? Firefox support forums? You need to be a bit more specific.
I have a Mac 10.6.8 Thanks you for replying
Ok, but that doesn't help us any. What password?
the password that you give whenever you are downloading software.
That "password" is not part of Firefox, or Mozilla.
From where are you downloading that software? Sounds like a support issue for that website??
Adobe signals an update is available (Reader and Shockwave) and when I try to download it they refuse the password. Should I be talking to Apple?
Is this when you try to download, or when you try to install? If it's on install, then this is the password for your Mac, which is controlled neither by Mozilla or Adobe, but by you (It's the password for the Admin of the mac)
Yes it is when I am trying to install. I am entering the correct password. The password I have always used when installing new software. Since I can't seem to talk to anybody at Mozilla or Adobe I don't know how to solve the problem. Do you have any suggestions.
If that password isn't working you are typing it in wrong. That's a password on your machine, no software company can help you. You can reset the password on your computer.
I am not typing it wrong. I don't have trouble downloading anything else. I will call apple to find out how to change my password. Thank you.
This can be caused by corrupted cookies or cookies that aren't send or otherwise blocked.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
If clearing cookies doesn't work then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox Profile Folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
thank you so much. I will try this. Also my computer is crashing and I am going to have to get another one. Could that be what is going on. Thanks again.