firefox 19.0 PDF data is not showing when we use the Preview in firefox option.
I am using FireFox 19.0 Version. In my application, I create the adobe PDF and it should shows on click on link button. On previous version it was working. but in 19.0 it is not working.
In Firefox option i am using preview in firefox option to show the PDF on browser tab.
Please suggest how can i resolve this problem.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
In order to change the default reader for PDF files (to not open PDF files with Firefox's internal PDF reader), follow these steps:
- Go to Tools > Options (or Firefox > Options).
- In the Options window, select the Applications tab.
- In the Search field, type PDF. You should find Portable Document Format (PDF).
- On the right handside you should find an Action column. Use that to select your favorite PDF reader. In order to view PDF files in Firefox, choose Preview in Firefox.
The internal PDF viewer only works for files that are send as application/pdf and currently doesn't work in an embed tag (only in object tag).
You can change the action for Portable Document Format (PDF) from Preview in Firefox to use the Adobe Reader or set to Always Ask in "Firefox > Options > Applications".
These solutions to not help our viewers who also have this problem. All they know is the pdf is not displaying correctly and naturally assume there is something wrong with the pdf.
This function should be disabled until it reliably displays pdfs.
cor-el, our clients have the exact same problem with some PDF files that we offer to them because they use an embedded font. I have two questions concerning the issue: 1. Does FF development team plan to add support for embedded fonts soon (in the next version or probably the one after it)? 2. Is there a way for the web application to detect which is the default viewer and act accordingly?
You can keep an eye on bug reports that apply to your situation and possibly vote for them.
wow, with so many bugs wouldn't it be better if the internal viewer is either disabled by default ... or may be even better only activated if there are no other plugins installed. It's really annoying to have to instruct clients many times a day how to manually change the settings.