My computer has been invaded by something called findr and it keeps taking over firefox. I've uninstalled and reinstall firefox.
Findr, whatever that is, keeps changing my default homepage to findr. It defaults my search engine to findr. I change it back to what it was and within a day or two it goes back.
The findr page says it is not encrypted and therefore my internet usage is open to anyone.
I've uninstalled firefox and reinstalled and it reverted back to findr the next day.
Additional System Details
- Conduit Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.19.0 For more information visit www.musicnotes.com
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2063
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.