Firefox sends me to Google and no search results ever come back?
Internet Explorer on my PC kept getting hijacked and when I clicked on any of the links returned by Google (my home page), I would be taken (hijacked) and sent somewhere else. Malwarebytes and several other virus programs do not find or fix that problem. So I gave up on Internet Explorer. Someone said to use Firefox instead. It is better. I downloaded Firefox and registered. When I try to search it sends me to Google search and no results are ever returned. I just stay at the Google search screen. What gives?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.4"
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 5.10 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
This can be caused by corrupted cookies or cookies that are blocked.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked