I have Firefox loaded on my new Asus TF300T tablet. When I initially start up the browser I'm getting a double digit of whatever key I enter first. So if my first letter is a T for example it will automatically enter TT. Weird thing is that it seems like the tablet doesn't even recognize the second one is there. You can't move the cursor to the end and backspace. All you find do is clear the whole search bar. After that it works fine. If I go back to home screen and return to the browser, same problem. I've tried reinstalling Firefox with no luck. Internet Explorer works fine. Any suggestions? Not a major problem just annoying as hell!...Thank you..... .
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Tablet; rv:19.0) Gecko/19.0 Firefox/19.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache.
The Firefox cache temporarily stores images, scripts, and other parts of websites while you are browsing.
Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies, do the following:
- Tap the menu icon located at the top right corner. This is the icon with 3 bars. On older Android devices you'll have to press the hardware menu key and then tap More.
- Tap Settings.
- After that, you will be taken to the settings screen. In the settings screen, look under the section Privacy & Security and select Clear private data.
- You will then be taken to a list of what can be cleared. Select the following 2 for deletion:
- Cookies & active logins
- After those have been selected, tap the Clear data button to actually clear the cache and cookies.
Did this help you with your problems? Please let us know!
Is this using the external keyboard or the software keyboard? Does the behavior change if you install Firefox Beta from the play store?
In addition is this in the address bar or in a web page text box?
This would be the software keyboard..
This happens only in the web page text box.....Google home page..
Already tried this.. Upon further testing it only happens when I try and enter text in the web page text box on the Google home page and only when I go there from the android home page. I click on the firefox icon ...It goes straight to the google home page...My software keyboard automatically pops up...I try to enter text and the first digit is doubled...
I'm traveling at the moment but once I get back to the office I will look into this issue on the Transformer tf-300