Need to restore the feature of most visited sites shown upon opening a new tab
I have checked through my add-ons and can't find the solution. I've read answers that state go to the about: config. I can't find that either. I simply want my most visited sites upon opening a new tab feature restored. Help, please.
type about:config into the address bar, press Enter. Accept the warning. Search for browser.newtabpage.enabled, right click, click Reset. Search for browser.newtab.url, right click, click Reset. It should work now.Read this answer in context 53
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
type about:config into the address bar, press Enter. Accept the warning. Search for browser.newtabpage.enabled, right click, click Reset. Search for browser.newtab.url, right click, click Reset. It should work now.
Hello tee6942, is about:config not about: config (no space between : and config)
in the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
type browser.newtab.url in the search box, and then right-click on it and select reset.
Yay! Restoration complete. Worked perfectly. Thanks all
It does not work for me. could there be another problem?
What is the value of the browser.newtab.url on the about:config page?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
If you do not keep changes after a restart, see:
Modified by cor-el