Firefox will only open once per login
This started acting up i think around when i updated firefox when i was opening it. It only allows me to have one firefox window open. The tabs work find but i can't move tags to new windows, can't get on chat sites cause they require another window to open and i have to restart my computer if i close firefox window. I've cleared the cookies on here but doesn't seem to help.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Pando Web Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Have you cleared the cache as well? If that does not help, some troubleshooting may be in order.
Maybe you could explain the situation in more detail.
Are you able to open more windows once Firefox is running ?
- right clicking (Windows) a tab and using the option move to new window
- dragging a tab up and on to the desktop
Exactly how did you open multiple windows previously ?
Or are you thinking of popup windows that a single site spawns, or for instance mediaplayers.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
John, I'm not able to open more windows after i start up firefox. It will only allow me to have one window open and it won't allow me to move tabs to new windows. I didn't really use other windows cause that's a bit messy. I'm thinking pop up windows that some chat sites use (exp: teenchat). I also realize that, when i was trying the troubleshoot steps, I can't go to add-ons either under the firefox tools.
I tried restarting firefox but that doesn't help. I've tried everything on the trouble shoot page that finitarry sent. Doesn't work
Try to open a new window by adding a space and -new-window about:blank to a copy of the Firefox desktop shortcut.
I really don't understand how to do that and don't have a lot of time to try and figure that out atm...
I don't really understand how to do that and i haven't really gotten much time to read and try and understand that...
You can make a copy of the Firefox desktop shortcut and open the Properties of that shortcut via the right-click context menu.
You can add a space and the "-new-window about:blank" text without quotes to the current command (target) line to open the about:blank in a new window if you use that desktop shortcut to launch Firefox.
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
Okay, so i think it's my current profile that is causing the problem. I made a spare profile on my computer and firefox works find on there.