On Fedora-10 firefox 18.x, 19.x crash on startup with undefined NS_CycleCollectorSuspect2_P cant load xpcom
Under fedora-10 Linux, firefox-17.0.1 worked well. After upgrading to firefox-18.0 (and also after installing later versions of firefox) when firefox attempts to start, it crashes with the error messages:
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/local/firefox.18.0/libxpcom.so Undefined symbol NS_CycleCollectorSuspect2_P Couldn't load XPCOM
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Juniper Networks Safari Extensions
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Make sure that you meet the system requirements for Firefox 18+ versions.
- GTK+ 2.18 or higher
- GLib 2.22 or higher