Nothing shows in get addons. The thingy just grinds away. Extensions page is blank even though i have some. How to fix?
When I go to the addon manager and click on the get addons tab the thingy just keeps grinding away. Go have dinner. Come back. Still grinding. Also the extensions page is blank even though I have extensions.
It wasn't letting me see either of the above earlier and it was also doing the addon check before it would open firefox. I got some info from a firefox forum about how to stop that. Still can't see the addons or extensions
I see a bunch of instructions about deleting extension files but they aren't making sense to me. I need baby steps Thanks for the help
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Important Modified Preferences
It is possible that there is a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the files extensions.* (e.g. extensions.sqlite, extensions.ini, extensions.cache) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry.
New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files":
If you see disabled, not compatible, extensions in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the Tools button at the left side of the Search Bar (or click the "Find Updates" button in older Firefox versions) to check if there is a compatibility update available.
If this hasn't helped then also try to delete the addons.sqlite file.
I went into C:\Documents and Settings\Randy\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\7tmmsxpb.default\extensions
and into all three of the folders in that file. I don't see any files with the names you give.
What am I deleting? I see other users saying they followed these instructions and ended having to download all their extensions again. I can't do that if my addon page is blank and my extension page is blank. I can't see what I need to reinstall
Those files are in the main profile folder (7tmmsxpb.default) and not in the extensions folder.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
I've found the files. What happens when I delete them? Don't I need them to make the extensions I have work?
Thanks for your help
If you delete the extensions.* and compatibility.ini files then Firefox will create new files.
Deleting compatibility.ini ensures that Firefox also rebuild the cache files.
Here goes. Feeling a tad scary
It's all there. Thank you so very much for escorting me through this process.