Unable to uninstall Version 13.0.1 (x86 en-us) thru add/remove from control panel. Using FF19.0 yahoo - 1.10.
I am using Windows XP. My Firefox 19.0 with yahoo-1.10 edition works fine. Before I had problem not showing pictures on webs so I tried to remove program (which shows as Mozilla Firefox 13.0.1) thru add/remove as said above and also tried thru helper.exe but nothing happens. Can some one help why it is not working? and how to resolve?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Mozilla Firefox won't uninstall. It has me in an endless circle. I'm using windows xp. I go to control panel. then to add or remove programs, file down to Mozilla and click remove. I then get a pop-up window that says: Set up Your computer must be restarted to complete a previous upgrade of Firefox. Do you want to reboot now? yes or no. Well if I choose no, it stays on. If I choose yes, it goes through the restart cycle but when I come back its still there. I get no other options. Please help!