firefox killed internet explorer, I want internet explorer back.
Firefox automatically uploaded ver. 18. when it did so it destroyed internet explorer8 on my computer and set Firefox as the default. 1. I always want internet explorer as default. 2. I want both internet explorer and Firefox. How to I get internet explorer back. I went to control panel, then add/ delete programs, and got rid of ie8, then went to Microsoft support and uploaded IE 8, but it would not take. I disabled Firefox auto update, so this problem would not happen again, but I need IE8, How?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
You need to do the opposite of that and set Firefox not to be, and not to check that it is the default browser.
Then use Internet Explorer (IE), and set that to be the default browser.
Firefox will not have destroyed IE, and it should be easy to reset. Post back with how you get on.