everytime i open firefox and go to a site like youtube or ign its immediately shuts down. im guessing it is because of flash or another plugin as some sites like google do not have this issue. would love some help as this is affecting every browser on my pc.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Update your flash manually and give a try....
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash ID's to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the address bar (that's where you enter your website URL) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the 5 most recent crash ID's that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your response here.
Thank you for your cooperation!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
bp-5a155182-aa21-4005-8d2f-3148d2130304 bp-46cb9bc7-850d-4946-b5a2-9dd8f2130302 bp-11998656-883f-4de4-afc4-ceab62130302 bp-7b6797d6-f412-4532-a38c-b52502130302 bp-6b6fa68a-1ee8-4c54-af9e-a549c2130302
ive updated flash manually several times and reinstalled every browser i have but its still restarts when i enter sites that use flash i think
thanks for the suggestions. I'll be trying the downgrade of Flash because the updated shockwave/firefox didn't work well...
Report ID Date Submitted 94b6025c-0565-43d3-baa0-0a2f51160288-browser 4/14/2013 5:49 PM 94b6025c-0565-43d3-baa0-0a2f51160288 4/14/2013 5:49 PM 6dd7ad7f-679c-4668-825a-7fce2b7a5e5b-browser 4/14/2013 5:11 PM 6dd7ad7f-679c-4668-825a-7fce2b7a5e5b 4/14/2013 5:11 PM 440c890b-45eb-45e0-a73b-c40f80982c84-browser 4/14/2013 5:11 PM 440c890b-45eb-45e0-a73b-c40f80982c84 4/14/2013 5:11 PM a56f3ed0-06e3-4f00-85a1-9da5e3e9ccca 4/14/2013 4:26 PM bp-8b0a0d39-aa70-46fd-a4bd-c72f62130414 4/14/2013 4:18 PM bp-23169dc3-8154-4640-bfc9-d32002130414 4/14/2013 4:18 PM ecfc3924-ff43-48f2-a829-dc6f83f90ec8-browser 4/14/2013 5:53 AM ecfc3924-ff43-48f2-a829-dc6f83f90ec8 4/14/2013 5:53 AM 4ed3906a-c020-458f-82ee-08c851e60b19-browser 4/13/2013 8:45 PM 4ed3906a-c020-458f-82ee-08c851e60b19 4/13/2013 8:45 PM 805dccb8-449d-444f-9595-ba80ea220389-browser 4/13/2013 11:12 AM 805dccb8-449d-444f-9595-ba80ea220389 4/13/2013 11:12 AM
wish me luck!
ps... the list of support sent to Firefox doesn't format well and I've gone thru and put them on separate lines... but it doesn't show in the final reply window... sorry...
Hi Beth60, sorry about the formatting, the forum automatically wraps line breaks.
Did you click the most recent crash IDs? I'm having trouble accessing the data and wonder whether those went through?
I don't know whether downgrading to Flash 10.3 will help. Some other things to check. This is some standard guidance that addresses the most common issues:
(1) Disable hardware graphics acceleration in Firefox and in Flash
(A) In Firefox, un-check the box here and restart:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > Advanced > General > "Use hardware acceleration when available"
(B) In Flash, see this support article from Adobe: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_Solve_video_playback_issues
(2) Disable protected mode (Windows Vista / 7 / 8)
See this support article from Adobe under the heading "Last Resort": Adobe Forums: How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?
thanks for the quick response!
the crash reports should be recent ones...
I wondered about this... if it would help... I'll do this and see... Disable hardware graphics acceleration in Firefox and in Flash
here's the first one on the crash list about:crashes
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.