Firefox is currently my default browser, but my work requires I use another. How can I change the pref?
My work situation requires that I change my default setting so Firefox is not the default browser. Is this possible, via a preferences file, e.g., or do I need to uninstall Firefox (which I want to use for other things)? I have been through every help file available here.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 188.8.131.5265
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2062
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Esker ActiveX Plug-in version 7.9
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Every browser has the ability to make itself the default. For example, if you have IE8 and want to make IE8 the default, here are the steps: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/change-internet-explorer-programs-settings (ignore the Vista in the URL)
I usually find the easiest way to change the default browser is simply to run that browser. It should ask you if you want to make it the default.
Thanks for the suggestions. jscher, can you offer the same sort of advice for Firefox? I haven't been able to find anything like that for Firefox.
Hi sambufalini, try this article: Make Firefox your default browser.