Why was ability to pin webpage to task bar removed
I am running Windows 7 home premium with Firefox Beta 20.0, a couple of months ago I pinned a website to my task bar. Last week I accidentally unpinned it. I tried repining it by drag and drop to no avail. I can do it under IE10. I figure if I could do it before and now I can't It was must have been removed . Why? sysinfo:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0 Processor Count: 2 RAM: 3686 Mb Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics, 384 Mb Hard Drives: C: Total - 465640 MB, Free - 185192 MB; D: Total - 11196 MB, Free - 1375 MB; L: Total - 152580 MB, Free - 107062 MB; Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, 2AD1 Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- HP Pit Plugin
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Add it to your bookmarks, then drag it to your taskbar.
The pinned tabs are a new feature, and I think are stored as part of the sessionstore information. It is possible to reset that but you will then loose all open tabs and any tabs groups.
As a first step make a note of or bookmark any important open tabs.
As an aside
Some mainly Windows 8 systems with radeon graphics are having Firefox crashes but obviously that is not affecting you.