firefox crashed now will only run in safe mode
firefox crashed on my wifes computer. it will now only start in safe mode. tried the reset, uninstalling. running on windows 7.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 22.214.171.12465
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash ID's to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the address bar (that's where you enter your website URL) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the 5 most recent crash ID's that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your response here.
Thank you for your cooperation!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
bp-463d0497-ade0-4bce-b3d4-3cb3221303013/1/20139:33 AM bp-700d2c77-426e-4454-a871-c2f3e21303013/1/20139:33 AM bp-2a359046-41b3-44e3-be70-a192221303013/1/20139:33 AM bp-8a698f6e-6cb6-4ec3-969d-f0fd721303013/1/20139:32 AM bp-8d953d00-ca25-45f5-9990-e86b721303013/1/20134:53 AM
Crashed because of your Flash plugin.
Download and install the flash plugin and give a try.
No, this crash has nothing to do with Flash.
Please start Firefox in Safe Mode (hold down the Shift Key when you start it) then disable hardware acceleration Turning off hardware acceleration
You can also try to uninstall the MS update KB2670838 that probably is causing this issue.
I have the same problem, crashes at launch, the same crashing thread in the same modules and functions (d3d11.dll CContext::RestorePipelineStateImpl<1> etc). I tried disabling hardware acceleration and it worked for me, I can launch Firefox now. However, this is only a turnaround solution, the best would be a fix in either the video driver (ASUS ATI 6700 here) or in firefox itself
Modified by gophren
I had to disable hardware acceleration to get out of browsing in safe mode. I use an Radeon 6850 graphics card.