How to get Firefox to follow an anchor fragment in XSLT stylesheet generated HTML
I have an XML file that is being transformed to HTML at load time by the browser via an XSLT stylesheet - something like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <?xml-stylesheet href="transform.xsl" title="example" type="text/xsl"/> <foo> <bar baz="1">Hello</bar> <bar baz="2">my name is</bar> <bar baz="3">Inigo Montoya</bar> </foo> The XML gets converted into HTML via the stylesheet, something like this: <html> <head/> <body> <div class="bar" id="1">Hello</div> <div class="bar" id="2">my name is</div> <div class="bar" id="3">Inigo Montoya</div> </body> </html>
The transform runs just fine, the HTML generates and is displayed, BUT: If I give the browser a url like:
while the browser renders the file fine, it does NOT move the viewport to the selected div (assuming the generated HTML is larger than a screenfull, naturally). I've also tried adding <a name="2"/> and <a id="2"/> elements to the generated HTML as well, with no observed change.
Modified by cor-el
Additional System Details
- ICA Plugin (Linux) Version 126.96.36.199066 (/usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica)
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.This beta software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- A media player powered by Moonlight, largely compatible with the Windows Media Player ActiveX control.
- This plugins handles web signatures using OpenSC smart card library.
- Mime Type x-skype for Skype Buttons
- The Totem 2.28.4 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:10.0.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.9
I didn't realise the system would eat my tags:
Example (with <> replaced with () to keep from being processed:) (?xml) (?xml-stylesheet href="transform.xsl" title="example" type="text/xsl" ?) (foo) (bar baz="1")Hello(/bar) (bar baz="2")my name is(/bar) (bar baz="3")Inigo Montoya(/bar) (/foo)
Output (with <> replaced with () to keep from being processed)
(html) (head/) (body) (div class="bar" id="1")Hello(/div) (div class="bar" id="2")my name is(/div> (div class="bar" id="3")Inigo Montoya(/div> (/body) (/html)
A good place to ask advice about web development is at the MozillaZine "Web Development/Standards Evangelism" forum.
The helpers at that forum are more knowledgeable about web development issues.
You need to register at the MozillaZine forum site in order to post at that forum.