how to change my default serach engine
I want to make "Bing" my default search engine
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_39 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
In order to change the default search engine or the order of search engines in the top right search box in Firefox, please perform the following steps:
- Move the mouse cursor inside the search box at the top right of the Firefox window and click the down arrow next to the provider's logo.
- If you would like to select another search engine, simply pick the engine from the dropdown list.
In order to change the order of the search engines, do this:
- From the dropdown list, select Manage Search Engines....
- In the upcoming window, you have all your search engines listed. To change the order, simply click one search engine and then select Move up or Move down from the buttons on the right side in order to change the order of the search engines.
Which search engine do you want to change?
- searching via the location bar (pref: keyword.URL)
- search bar on the Navigation Toolbar
- search bar on the about:home page (pref: browser.search.defaultenginename)
Modified by cor-el