Firefox crashed while I was online. It sent an error message. After, I was unable to locate the files in one of my folders in Finder. I can see the folders in "documents" but don't know how to restore them in Finder. I don't know if any other damage was caused. Thank you.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Open the Finder by clicking the smiley face icon in the dock.
- Navigate to the following directory: ~ / Library / Application Support / Firefox / Crash reports / submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Click the gear icon in the toolbar (or open the View menu), then select Arrange by > Creation date to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
bp-28d63ce4-b737-4d75-8d3c-95bfc2130228 2/27/13 6:44 PM bp-a926b94b-ba89-49da-9601-7d8d62130227 2/27/13 3:26 PM bp-32d3db67-b1a0-4c34-96f7-1e2c22130227 2/27/13 3:22 PM bp-dfeee43e-1809-4ab7-941e-e85a42130227 2/27/13 3:17 PM bp-6e8f7307-c305-4498-85c5-8ea2d2130227 2/27/13 3:16 PM bp-3aa32c49-3564-4a05-8fa3-1017e2130227 2/27/13 3:15 PM bp-6634dba9-49eb-4e29-9eaf-79ec62130227 2/27/13 3:01 PM
I could open the smiley face icon but could not navigate to library. I couldn't find it. I found the above somehow. I hope this is what you need to help me. Thank you.
In Mac OS X v10.7 and later, the $HOME/Library folder is a hidden folder.
Open Finder and use one of these:
- Go > Go To Folder (Shift-Command-G) and in the dialog type: ~/Library
- Open the "Go" menu and hold down the Option key to make the Library appear
- http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90947.html Access hidden user library files
Crash ID: bp-28d63ce4-b737-4d75-8d3c-95bfc2130228 Crash ID: bp-a926b94b-ba89-49da-9601-7d8d62130227 Crash ID: bp-32d3db67-b1a0-4c34-96f7-1e2c22130227 Crash ID: bp-dfeee43e-1809-4ab7-941e-e85a42130227 Crash ID: bp-6e8f7307-c305-4498-85c5-8ea2d2130227 I've noticed, since posting this response, that files that should be in Documents are now in Applications. I'm concerned more damage was caused when the crashes occurred. How do I make sure that everything is corrected to prior to the crash state? Thank you.