Firefox crashed while I was online. It sent an error message. After, I was unable to locate the files in one of my folders in Finder. I can see the folders in "documents" but don't know how to restore them in Finder. I don't know if any other damage was caused. Thank you.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Open the Finder by clicking the smiley face icon in the dock.
- Navigate to the following directory: ~ / Library / Application Support / Firefox / Crash reports / submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Click the gear icon in the toolbar (or open the View menu), then select Arrange by > Creation date to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
bp-28d63ce4-b737-4d75-8d3c-95bfc2130228 2/27/13 6:44 PM bp-a926b94b-ba89-49da-9601-7d8d62130227 2/27/13 3:26 PM bp-32d3db67-b1a0-4c34-96f7-1e2c22130227 2/27/13 3:22 PM bp-dfeee43e-1809-4ab7-941e-e85a42130227 2/27/13 3:17 PM bp-6e8f7307-c305-4498-85c5-8ea2d2130227 2/27/13 3:16 PM bp-3aa32c49-3564-4a05-8fa3-1017e2130227 2/27/13 3:15 PM bp-6634dba9-49eb-4e29-9eaf-79ec62130227 2/27/13 3:01 PM
I could open the smiley face icon but could not navigate to library. I couldn't find it. I found the above somehow. I hope this is what you need to help me. Thank you.
In Mac OS X v10.7 and later, the $HOME/Library folder is a hidden folder.
Open Finder and use one of these:
- Go > Go To Folder (Shift-Command-G) and in the dialog type: ~/Library
- Open the "Go" menu and hold down the Option key to make the Library appear
- http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90947.html Access hidden user library files
Crash ID: bp-28d63ce4-b737-4d75-8d3c-95bfc2130228 Crash ID: bp-a926b94b-ba89-49da-9601-7d8d62130227 Crash ID: bp-32d3db67-b1a0-4c34-96f7-1e2c22130227 Crash ID: bp-dfeee43e-1809-4ab7-941e-e85a42130227 Crash ID: bp-6e8f7307-c305-4498-85c5-8ea2d2130227 I've noticed, since posting this response, that files that should be in Documents are now in Applications. I'm concerned more damage was caused when the crashes occurred. How do I make sure that everything is corrected to prior to the crash state? Thank you.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.