Firefox freezes since v19 update when going to some links I often use. Safe mode does not help. Firefox v20beta1 did not help either. I have to kill Firefox to end. I am running Firefox on an 2011' model of an iMAC.
Sample of a website not working anymore with firefox (but working properly on safari or IE): http://journals.lww.com/ejanaesthesiology/Fulltext/publishahead/Comparison_of_the_Airtraq_and_the_Macintosh.99286.aspx
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thanks for the hint, but I had no luck resetting Firefox to factory defaults. Same result: loading page >> firefox non-responisve anymore. >> killed FFox and reverted back to my previously safed profile...
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
You can try to reset (power off/on) the router.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.