Firefox freezes since v19 update when going to some links I often use. Safe mode does not help. Firefox v20beta1 did not help either. I have to kill Firefox to end. I am running Firefox on an 2011' model of an iMAC.
Sample of a website not working anymore with firefox (but working properly on safari or IE): http://journals.lww.com/ejanaesthesiology/Fulltext/publishahead/Comparison_of_the_Airtraq_and_the_Macintosh.99286.aspx
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thanks for the hint, but I had no luck resetting Firefox to factory defaults. Same result: loading page >> firefox non-responisve anymore. >> killed FFox and reverted back to my previously safed profile...
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
You can try to reset (power off/on) the router.