With Firefox 19, when I type in letters, numbers appear.
I installed Firefox 19 this morning. I also added 3 add-ons. When this problem started I disabled the 3 new add-ons and the problem persists.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1688
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1249
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
(Also check num lock)
I did a reset but the problem still exists.
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Do you have Comcast Constant Guard (Keystroke protection)?
Modified by cor-el
I use Norton through Comcast so I do have Constant Guard. I do not use it and it is disabled in Firefox. Thank you for your efforts to solve my problem.
I just opened Internet Explorer and I am having this same problem as with Firefox.
Have you checked num lock on your keyboard?
Did you check the settings in CG?
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Yes. It is not a factor.
I took my computer to a restore point prior to today and the typing problem is solved. However, I now have Firefox 18 but all of my bookmarks are missing. I do have a sync account adn my recovery key but cannot figure out how to use it to recover my bookmark data. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.