Firefox loads for approx. a week then stops working and has to be downloaded again
For the past month or so when I try to get into Firefox it will not load. I will download Firefox and it will work for a few days and then stop working again and I have to re-download again. If this doesn't stop I will try another web browser.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Are you using cleanup or security software that runs once a week that could be causing this?
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.