I have set my home page as Google.co.in. But for some reason, Mozilla Firefox continues to go to a webpage www.onewebsearch.com instead. Resetting does not help
So I reset the home page by typing in the website address. Same result So I reset the home page by going to google, and selecting the option "use current page as home page" No improvement
Something is wrong, and I cant figure out what is wrong ? If something like this happens in a Microsoft browser, for example, I would say "Aha ! They must be trying to force the traffic to go to a fixed website" . But surely that is not how Mozilla Firefox would work. Right ?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 126.96.36.19992
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.528
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2067
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- 20-20 3D Viewer for WEB - Mozilla Plug-In v22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
This is a browser hijacker. They come in various ways, and it can be browser related, network related, trojans, etc. First thing you should do is Reset Firefox preferences to troubleshoot and fix problems Reset Firefox. You can try uninstall all add-ons manually as well. If this fixes your problem, for other browsers removal instructions are here. Then, if the problems continue, scan with anti-malware programs. I recommend Hitman Pro in such cases and adwcleaner. If they detect nothing, it might be DNS or ISP trick, you should go through this list for troubleshooting.
Did you try uninstalling Onewebsearch from Control Panel Add and Remove Programs list? If you see anything related to this name, you should remove it. It is also recommended to uninstall any other unfamiliar applications that were added on the same day. The next thing to do is to check your Internet browser extensions. Remove any unfamiliar ones. If the problem still exists read this onewebsearch removal guide.