Every time i get an update, download it and restart Firefox, it does not restart and i have to run the set file again. It means too that the updates have not been dowl=nloaded ! Windows 7 ultimate. 4Gb ram 1 Tb Regards
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox and any leftover program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps one by one:
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu) and confirm all upcoming messages.
- Now, uninstall Firefox by following the steps mentioned in the Uninstall Firefox article.
IMPORTANT: On Windows, the uninstaller has the option to remove your personal data and settings. Make sure that you do not check this option; otherwise all of your bookmarks, passwords, extensions, user customizations and other Firefox user profile data will be removed from your computer.
After uninstalling Firefox on Windows, delete the "Mozilla Firefox" program folder, located by default in one of these locations:
- (On 32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- (On 64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the Windows Start menu and click on "Computer".
- In the Explorer window that opens, double click Local Disk (C:) to open the C:\ drive.
- Find the "Program Files (x86)" folder or "Program Files" folder.
- On 32-bit Windows, double-click the Program Files folder to open it.
- On 64-bit Windows, you will see a "Program Files (x86)" folder AND a "Program Files" folder. Open the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Look for a Mozilla Firefox folder. If you find one, right-click it and select Delete and confirm that you want to move the folder to the Recycle Bin.
Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Thanks . At that stage i have done what you have told me to do and will wait until the next update to see if it work. What is the meaning of all these ' in your answer? Regards Gabriel
I AM ABSOLUTELY SICK-SICK-SICK OF THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING BUT IT STILL DOES NOT RESTART AFTER UPDATES. I HAVE DELETED/CREATED NEW PROFILES, DONE CLEAN INSTALLS - NO CHANGE!!! I HAVE CHECKED FOR VIRUSES - NOTHING. CLEAN. I AM ABOUT READY TO GIVE UP AND SEND A LETTER TO A LOCAL TECH/MEDIA PERSON SO THAT THEY CAN WRITE AN ARTICLE ABOUT THIS ISSUE THAT FOR SOME REASON MANY OTHERS HAVE AS WELL AND YOU=MOZILLA HAVE NOT OFERED ANYTHING CLOSE TO A SATISFACTORY RESPONSE, EXPLANATION, FIX, ETC ETC ETC
mpeskin, please start a new thread (and refrain from using all caps). Try the steps at Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems first.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.