start page is wrong
after and up date firefox iin now checking for add-on compatibility then comes to and annoying "your firefox is up to date" every time!
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Nothing works that I have found to fix this problem. It started with the 19 update and has totally screwed up Firefox. I have searched the forum and all of the suggestions that I can find have been tried. When I start Firefox it always goes to the same goofy Firefox home page, not where I want to go. It always asks if I want to help improve firefox. Too bad but you really messed up with this update.
See these articles for some suggestions:
- https://support.mozilla.org/kb/How+to+set+the+home+page - Firefox supports multiple home pages separated by '|' symbols
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
LIke I said, I've already tried all of that and it simply DOES NOT WORK. All of this started with the 19 update and FF has been simply annoying ever since then. They will perhaps stick for one or two times then everything goes back to a new install/update mode with the same annoying questions (they're annoying the FIRST time they come up - after that they get down right obnoxious). Guess Chrome has just become my new favorite browser.