I have just moved to spain and now firefox is now showing universal websites in spanish such as surveymonkey.com But how do I make them go back to english!
I can't change my websites back to english! Firefox has automatically realised I am in spain but I don' want to view websites in spanish.
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- Detector for the Onlive Game Client
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
hello aliceness, websites may detect your location based on the ip address your internet service provider is assigning to you & adapt the language: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/network-location/
there's not much you or the browser can do to change that. however make sure that english is set as your primary language in preferences > content, this will tell websites that you visit your preference for english, however it is entirely up to them to respect that & serve content based on that setting: Settings for web content, pop-ups, fonts, and languages