Problem with the usage of shared objects (cookies) on a website
I'm trying to use a music player on my website with an auto-resume function that makes it play continuously while browsing the site.
I found xspf player and it works great on most browsers and also this website with a completely different music player http://www.vintagesworld.be/scriptbaseVoorbeelden/sound/test.php works great. Click on "test linkje" to go to another page with the music continuing.
But somehow on Firefox (and safari) on the mac is doesn't work.The music plays but starts all over from the start when browsing.
In windows, no problem at all. On chrome on the mac no problem also.
But Firefox doesn't seem to handle the shared object right.
On a suggestion by someone else I did try a different flash movie with shared objects, but without the music function on the same page. And that did work fine. I did get a message that asked me if I wanted to save information (the shared object) to my computer. And here is the strange thing, after that also the music player worked great.
But when I delete my browser history and also the cookies, I'm back to the old problem.
Any idea what could be wrong?
Modified by mrroy44
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.6
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Met de QuickTime-plugin kunt u een grote verscheidenheid aan multimediamateriaal op webpagina's bekijken. Raadpleeg voor meer informatie de website van QuickTime.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Widevine Media Optimizer 220.127.116.1178
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0