Firefox crashes for no reason, randomly. Sometimes I can be on it for hours and its fine and sometimes it crashes over and over again.
I just purchased an HP laptop. It has Windows 8 installed on it. Ever since getting Firefox installed (with no add ons) I have been having problems. Firefox starts fine, loads fine, works fine. But then there are times when it will crash over and over again for no reason at all. Google.com is my homepage and sometimes it crashes on that.
I don't go to many pages, facebook is the main one and it crashes almost constantly now. This is the longest I've been online in 2 days.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.526
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Hello katielawrence, We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox location bar (that's where you enter your website names) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the most recent 5 report IDs that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your forum response.
Thanks in advance for your help!