Why when I click on a hyperlink in an e-mail does Firefox open the website twice?
Firefox i my default browser. When I click on a hyperlink in an e-mail two Firefox windows open at once, not one.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
This issue can be caused by an extension that isn't working properly.
You can try to disable all extension to see if it still happens.
If it works in Safe mode or with all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) disabled then try to find which is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
You can also check for issues caused by DDE.