Why do I have to change rendering engine to view certain pages properly ?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Bitdefender QuickScan Web Netscape Plugin
- WordCaptureX component for single click dictionary
- Panda ActiveScan 2.0 Plugin for Firefox
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
What kind of problems do you have with Firefox that makes you want to change the rendering engine?
To which rendering engine are you changing?
Can you post a link to a publicly accessible page that doesn't require authentication (log in) to access it?
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
This is what I get.
You may be missing some CSS files
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
If you use extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) like Adblock Plus or NoScript or Flash Block that can block content then make sure that such extensions aren't blocking content.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Did hold and left-click on problem page and ctrl+F5 or ctrl+shift+R and nothing happened ,I have not added or changed anything with extensions that could have caused this .
I had a problem with Ebay pages leaving large white spaces. Safe mode worked correctly so I had to disable all my add-ons and then re-enable them one at a time. Turned out it was "NoScript ver. 188.8.131.52" . Haven't tried an update yet.