unable to stop private browsing. used all options; ie., Ctrl+Shift+P and clicking on the menu
i am unable to stop private browsing. i used all option a novice like me can do. even i re installed fire fox.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Options > Privacy -> History --> use Custom settings ...
Is Always use Private Browsing mode check-marked?
If so, un-check that preference, and restart Firefox. Without that pref selected Firefox should revert to the non-private when it is started / restarted.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Make sure that you haven't appended the -private switch to the command line in the Firefox desktop shortcut.