I have this app called drop down deals that keep hijacking web pages. I think it came with Adobe. It is not on explorer??
This keeps giving alternate prices for whatever I am looking at on the web and when I click on a link a new tab comes up in addition to the link I am looking for. I want to get rid of this or I will be forced to stop using Firefox & go back to explorer. I think this started with the latest version of adobe. Is there a version of adobe that you recommend?
Thanks I found the app that was causing the problem. It is called Yontoo and had several applications associated with it including drop down deals. I do not know where it came from but suspect it came with the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. Thanks againRead this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_39 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Picasa plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1999
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, this sounds like a problem with adware on your pc. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and run a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and different other tools like the free version of malwarebytes & adwcleaner.
Thanks I found the app that was causing the problem. It is called Yontoo and had several applications associated with it including drop down deals. I do not know where it came from but suspect it came with the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. Thanks again
Drop Down Deals is some nasty malware, not just adware. Based on what I've seen not only does it do the standard hijacking of the user's search and home pages, it also hijacks web site advertising and replaces adsense ads with its own.
See Info on this web-page http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Deals-Plugin-19688-program.aspx
Accoring to the site "This software is detected by various anti-malware programs that typically flag it as adware or a potentially unwanted program. It is typically included in various 3rd party software bundles. When you install the plug-in, it also has a background process that will attempt to disabled other 'conficting' extensions that might interfere with it, this includes other competing products as well as some security products"