Is Video Download Helper 4.9.14 update safe to download from vendor rather from firefox?
I received a download prompt from video download helper water than from Firefox. I'm not sure if this malicious or not.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
If you have that extension installed then you can also do the update check via the right-click context menu on the about:addons page.
hello, the same new version is also showing up on the addon homepage at https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/versions/ so this notice is very likely genuine. however you can also use the auto-update that is built-into firefox - go to firefox > addons & click on the settings icon on the top right & choose check for updates..., then it should be picked up as well.
AFAIK then that is now the current 4.9.14 release (Feb 22) and all latest versions are the same and updating should work.