Does not crash right away...But everytime I am in the middle of something on the internet it crashes?
Just bought a new computer with windows 8. Everytime I get on the internet it crashes. Not right away but usually 30 to 45 minutes into it. Also my new computer came with Kaspersky and it says it is not compatible with mozilla firefox. Am I going to have to uninstall it and use explore again? Anyone else have this problem or how do I fix this?
Additional System Details
- npAPI Plugin
- npAPI Ghost Plugin
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Game Treat Widget
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Exent® AOD Gecko Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox location bar (that's where you enter your website names) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the most recent 5 report IDs that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your forum response.
Thanks in advance for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
There is a problem on Windows 8 with Firefox 19 and AMD Radeon HD 6XXX/7XXX graphic display cards.
This issue is currently being investigated in bug 830531.
- bug 830531 - [Win8] crash in XPC_WN_Helper_NewResolve mainly with AMD Radeon HD 6290/6310/6320/7290/7310/7340
If you have one of those display cards then best is to stay with or downgrade to Firefox 18.0.2 for now.
Modified by cor-el