Firefox updated to 19 today, now I can't log into https sites. browser goes blank, won't refresh or display login. Help!
I was trying to log into my bank account and also on turbotax.com and when I put in user name and password, it won't log me in, it goes blank, won't allow a refresh or reload on the page, and hangs the computer up. It updated to 19 this morning, against my will and now it won't work properly. Any ideas would be helpful. I'm a wiz at computers and networking, but software is my downfall.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 188.8.131.5292
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r45
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
I have cleared the cache, cookies, active logons, and history.
I've rebooted my PC
I've run malware bytes and anti virus scans in case I had a trojan blocking things, they both came back with no threats detected.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
This can be caused by corrupted cookies or cookies that aren't send or otherwise blocked.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.