email links do NOT open if Firefox more than one profile
Using OpenSUSE 12.2. If I have more than one profile for Firefox, say Profile1="default", and Profile2="mywife" then links in Thunderbird won't open in Firefox 18 or 19 when Firefox is Default Browser. However if I erase one of the profiles (any one of them) then Firefox starts behaving normally. Other browsers, Chromium or Chrome do handle thunderbird links appropiately. I have seen that many people seem to have a similar problem. I am writing this hoping it could help developers to eliminate the bug.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Plugin for Installing Applications (new)
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- The Totem 3.4.3 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- This plugin provides integration with Gnome Shell for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Make sure that you aren't using the -no-remote command line switch to start Firefox as that may prevent opening a link from an external program.
Thank you very much, cor-el, but no, my command-line looks this simple: "firefox -P default" or "firefox -P AnaMaria" (that's my wife's). In past times when I clicked on a link in Thunderbird (using 2 firefox profiles) firefox ProfileManager window would pop up. But now it doesn't appear any more. Firefox just starts with one of the profiles. Some times it starts with a completely new profile. It is baffling!...