Moving a tab to new window moves the tab, but I can not close both tabs after.
I am Using Firefox 19.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu canonical - 1.0
I have got a problem:
When I move a tab to a new window either by dragging the tab or by right clicking on tab and clicking on Move to New Window Opens the tab, but following happens:
- Previous tab doesn't close,
- It cannot be used further,
- It cannot be switched once you switched to any other tab,
- It cannot be closed by clicking cross sign (X) next to it,
- New tab opened do not have the URL in Location Bar,
- New tab cannot be closed by clicking cross sign (X) next to it,
- New tab cannot be switched once you switched to any other tab,
- You can atleast switch to the tab if you Pin it.
Please Help, how can I use it normaly.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Thanking you for the reply, It was extremely helpful to diagnose the issue.
Now I know that my trouble is due to an add-on-Toolbar. This toolbar is incompatible since Mozilla 7.1 which I am using through forcing the add-on compatibility. It was working fine with Firefox 18 but now creating the issue with FF 19, As the toolbar is extremely useful for my work I can not remove it.
What should I do now.
Modified by anubhav316
This was very useful. I have the same problem, or 90% the same problem, "New tab cannot be switched once you switched to any other tab" does not happen for me. It turned out it's caused by Google Toolbar, which is not officially compatible with the current version of Firefox, but works flawlessly otherwise. I do certainly not want to live without it.
I am also facing the same problem and don't know how to resolve it.
anubhav316, are you also using Googlebar?
The only solution would be to fix the bug in Googlebar that is causing it. (If the license permits modifying it.)
I tried to find the license and found this instead, Googlebar Lite, which is compatible with the current version of Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/googlebar-lite/ . I have yet to try it.
I have tested the Googlebar Lite now, it works very well and it does not cause the bug when moving tabs to new windows.
Thanks a lot Monika, I have not tried the it yet but hope it will help me..!! :)
I have also tried the Googlebar Lite now, but it does not helps me in the purpose for which I use Google Toolbar.
Google Toolbar lets me translate any web page to English even after I log into any website, other translators just log-outs and translate the URL accessible to public view.