Is the YouTube update from www.barisderin.com, for FF 22, genuine?
Today I received a pop up window with a YouTube update, supposedly to support Firefox 22. as I have no knowledge of FF 22 and am still using what I believed to be the latest upgrade, FF 18.02, I did not believe it was genuine. Can you inform me if this is a genuine Firefox update please? Website is www.barisderin.com, I have never heard of this site before.
That website looks odd, and no, Firefox 22 is not current, but Firefox 19 is. I'll give you some steps here to make sure you run well in the future.
Update to Firefox 19. Update Firefox to the latest version
Scan for Malware Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malwareRead this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1687
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1249
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Thanks for the Malware tips, but I had already carried out scans with Malwarebytes Pro and my own AVG I.S., one at a time with the other disabled. Nothing found. I will check the Registry next for any trace of this site. It looked quite professional, but of course that means nothing today! I will update to FF 19 after marking this 'solved'. If I find anything in Registry, I will post again. If not, thank you for the advice and best regards.