why do you not offer a reversion feature when you crash my add on with updates?
I at my advanced age rely on the norton toolbar for storing and remembering my multitude of logins. It seems as if every time you update firefox, I lose this feature and have to search the internet for an hour to find and download the prior version of firefox to get it back, and often it auto updates again within hours and wipes out that effort. Why can you not offer a reversion feature when you update? I have voiced this complaint repeatedly over several years. I am happy with firefox with that one exception. It is VERY annoying and time consuming.
By the way, the Norton Toolbar for Firefox that is compatible with Firefox 19 should be available now: https://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Firefox-19-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/912951Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Raidcall plugin
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You could set your Firefox to notify you of updates, and give Norton a few days to update before actually updating Firefox. To set that, use this dialog:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > Advanced > Update
The "Check for Updates" option might fit the bill. Definitely easier than rolling back an update.
By the way, the Norton Toolbar for Firefox that is compatible with Firefox 19 should be available now: https://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Firefox-19-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/912951
this will help, but how long do I wait to update, used to do it this way, but if you wait too long then you get a newer update with the same trouble, if you don't wait long enough the same happens. Can you say catch 22?
Norton has gotten pretty fast, so you shouldn't have to wait long. Other add-on developers move at their own pace...